Monday, 27 April 2015

Bright Jewel Blanket

Yay!
All the ends are sewn in, finally.
Oh hello, got a little bit over excited there!


I am loving this blanket so much.
 Just have to decide on an edging, nothing too fancy I think and I'm thinking the navy blue is the perfect colour. 
The yarn is Patons Diploma Gold DK which is a practical mix of wool, nylon and acrylic. It comes in lots of scrummy colours and is a dream to crochet with, having a beautiful drape and handle making it feel much more luxurious than it is!

Isn't it wonderful that Spring has sprung, flowers, birds, lighter evenings and the promise of long lazy summer days.

Blossom time!

Seeing blue sky and blossom has lifted my spirits a bit because frankly I've been feeling rubbish, since well AGES as I mentioned before.
Today saw another trip to the doctor and finally a diagnosis.
Post Viral Fatigue/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Hmmm not nice.
At least now I know what I'm dealing with.
I'm doing a lot of sleeping and 'resting' eating properly, not that I didn't before.
I am getting out and about but not half as much as I would expect to, projects have slowed right down and enthusiasm is a bit low.
 So any suggestions on managing what may be a long term condition my friends?
I am finding spinning the most relaxing, stress free activity so am trying to spin my finest yarn yet. 
A pretty merino I dyed last summer.

It's thin, really thin. 
Small triumphs, tiny steps make me feel better.
Hoping that you are all full of the joys of Spring.
Talk soon.
Love
♥Sue♥



4 comments:

  1. Your blanket is gorgeous. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, although as you said, at least you know what you are dealing with and that is better than not knowing I always think. I have no advice to give, other than to keep taking good care of yourself, and I send you hugs and all good wishes for a good recovery and great future ahead. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy I'm making the most of it, it's gorgeous to snooze under, so soft. Your good wishes are very welcome, I'm just going to have to wait it out I think.x

      Delete
  2. All pictures are beautiful and all perfectly photographed

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ramblings and comment on them! I love to read all your thoughts and messages, they really inspire me and encourage me to continue my crafting adventures!