Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Spinning and crochet

A little bit of this and that!
I noticed the other day that I haven't posted anything crafty for simply ages.
This doesn't mean that I haven't been doing any, of course I've always got at least two projects on the go. It's just sometimes I forget to photograph them and then the moment passes, you know what I mean I'm sure. A day without any crafting is NOT a good day in my book!
So anyway let me share a few things I've been up to.
Look at this glorious squidgy Corridale roving, it's what I made my beautiful shawl with and I have plenty left, it spins beautifully, fine and soft, dreamy, dreamy cloud grey heaven.


I've spun a couple of bobbins without really thinking what to make.



I've also spun some Blue Faced Leicester bought from the talented 
Patricia at Yummy Yarns.
Hmmmm I wonder.............


...............Plied together, a subtle heathery marled yarn which 
I LOVE!


I have an idea to make a jumper or cardigan with some Fair Isle edging.
I'm thinking of using a Kaffe Fassett inspired pattern for a border, something like this pattern.


Haven't decided properly yet but I'll see what emerges!
 I like to let the yarn tell me what to do.
Ha ha that sounds completely crazy doesn't it, but I think you crafty lot will know what I mean!
I'm also making a little purse, here is the yarn being blocked.


And just as a relaxing project I've been making a V stitch blanket.
Have you tried this stitch yet.
DO IT it has to be one of the most relaxing pretty stitches ever.
I found the pattern on Pinterest (of course) and just for a change I'm not using white or cream at all.
I am loving the jewel bright colours.
LOVING


LOVING
LOVING
LOVING IT
So now we're all caught up. 
What projects have you all been enjoying recently?
Are you like me a crafting butterfly flitting from one thing to another?
Or do you stick to one thing at a time keeping going till it's finished?
Do share! 
See you soon.
Love
♥Sue♥






4 comments:

  1. Such lovely things! Your V Stitch blanket is especially nice and cheery and colourful at this grey time of year. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy I'm really enjoying this blanket, it's a real no brainer and as an added bonus it makes me feel so happy when I look at all those glorious colours.

      Delete
  2. ooh a kaffe inspired, fair isle…I'll be watching to see that excitedly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm quite excited about it myself Claire, am busy trying to spin, spin, spin enough yarn to make a start!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ramblings and comment on them! I love to read all your thoughts and messages, they really inspire me and encourage me to continue my crafting adventures!