Thursday, 4 April 2013

Easter!


Hello!
How was your Easter weekend?
Full of chocolate if I know you!
Ours kind of crept up on us but was in full swing by Monday with a full scale family dinner,
you know roast lamb, all the trimmings and a choice of two puddings!
It was lovely, I feel so lucky to be able to spend time with my gorgeous family they are such a special life enhancing bunch who fill me with great joy! 
We had a great time lots of laughter and general hilarious fun.


Of course I'm on Easter holiday at the moment so have time to catch up with some projects.
I'm back at the wheel and I'm a bit rusty lots of stopping and starting!
This yarn is not the best to spin with it's very felted, remember this but after ignoring it for a few months I thought I'd give it another go.
Nothing to lose after all. It's turning out ok actually a bit lumpy but I'm not worried, 
I'll find something to do with it!


On the blanket front I'm zooming ahead with my daisy square blanket number one!



And although it's FREEZING outside I ventured out to tidy the garden and get ready for Spring.
I ordered some plants from the internet but it's too cold to plant them out so I repotted them and put them in the greenhouse to grow on.
Hollyhocks is what they are can't wait to see them in bloom.


Very excited that a Blue Tit popped his head into Oliver's bird house, fingers crossed he'll be back. He should there's a ready supply of deluxe nest building material after all!


I'll keep you posted, I think I'm turning into a bit of a twitcher, I'm spending an inordinate amount of time staring out of the window trying to spot my feathered friends!
Off to Manchester for a long weekend to visit Lovely Heather.
I'll be back next week with hopefully some northern adventures.
Love
♥Sue♥










7 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I love the way you describe your family. I get the impression you really are at your happiest when surrounded by them! I love your cosy corner with those gorgeous framed nautical pics arranged on the wall.

    Well done you for tackling the spinning of lumpy yarn, despite your reservations. I'm sure you'll make something suitably wonderful with it nevertheless. Your daisy squares are coming on a pace, wow you're quick. Can't wait to see more updates.

    Safe travels to Manchester, have fun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely comment Sharron, you're absolutely right I am happiest when surrounded by my gang! Have a lovely weekend yourself. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely Easter break Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire am really looking forwards to it. Heather has got all sorts of excitement planned for us!

      Delete
  4. Love your little group of seasidey pictures and very pretty crochet blanket.........enjoy your little break in Manchester.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim and welcome to my blog. I had a quick mooch round yours(should really be packing)it's a lovely cosy little blog full of pretty things!

      Delete
  5. Hope you continue to enjoy your Easter break...looks like you have had a great time with your family so far, and the spinning looks great. Can't wait to see how your blanket looks when you finish it....enjoy Manchester x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ramblings and comment on them! I love to read all your thoughts and messages, they really inspire me and encourage me to continue my crafting adventures!