Wednesday, 27 March 2013

Blanket solution!

 Well the shock's worn off and I've learnt my lesson.
That being, write down everything!
And thank you for the kind advice and sympathy, I think I'm not alone in my crochet dilemma am I!
The general consensus was to make two blankets which I've gone with and so far I'm delighted with the result, have a little look see what you think. 

By the way it's still going to make a large cosy, snuggly blanket.



I've really enjoyed making these little grannies.


I just kind of made up the pattern myself.


But I dare say there's a pattern out there somewhere that's the same!


Anyway I thought I'd write it out for you.
Just remember make a note of 
EVERYTHING!!!!!



I'm calling it.
Daisy Granny Square
So here goes.
I'm writing this pattern in UK terms

I used Stylecraft Special DK and a 3.5 mm hook.

These are the stitches I used 

Sl St (slip stitch)  insert hook into stitch, yarn over, pull the loop back through the stitch, then through the loop on your hook.

Tr (treble) yarn over hook, insert hook, yarn over, pull the loop back through the stitch (three loops on hook), yarn over and pull through two loops on hook (two loops left on hook), yarn over and pull through remaining two loops.

Htr (half treble) yarn over hook, insert hook, yarn over, pull the loop back through the stitch (three loops on hook), yarn over and pull through all three loops on hook

Chain 4 stitches, slip stitch to join, ring formed.

Round 1
Chain 2 (counts as 1st treble) tr into centre 7 more times. 8 in total. Slip stitch to close ring. Fasten off.

Round 2
Using white yarn join with a knot close to stitches and pull through to the front.

Chain 2 then 2 htr in chain space. Chain 1. *3 htr in next chain space, chain 1* 
Repeat from* to* all the way round slip stitch in top of chain 2.
Fasten off.

Round 3
Using a scrummy colour join with a knot as before.
Chain 2 then 2 htr in space. Chain 2 then 3htr in same space. Corner made.
3 htr in next space.

3 htr, 2 chain, 3 htr in same space (corner)
3 htr in next space.

3 htr, 2 chain, 3htr in same space (corner)
3 htr in next space.

3 htr, 2 chain, 3 htr in same space (corner)
3 htr in next space. slip stitch into top of chain 2 to join. Fasten off.

Round 4
With white yarn join as before then.
Chain 2, 2htr in space.
3htr, 2 chain, 3 htr in corner space.
3 htr in next space.
3 htr in next space.

3 htr, 2 chain, 3htr in corner space.
3 htr in next space.
3 htr in next space.

3 htr, 2 chain, 3 htr in corner space.
3 htr in next space.
3 htr in next space.

3 htr, 2 chain, 3 htr in corner space.
3 htr in next space.
Join with slip stitch to top of chain 2.
Fasten off.

Admire your gorgeous little Granny!
Now get in the zone make loads and hook yourself up a perfectly peachy blanket.
♥ 


Phew!
I'm amazed how many words are needed to explain what is a simple pattern!
Hope it all makes sense, please, please let me know if I've written gobbledegook.
Let me know if you use the pattern to make something lovely!
Enjoy the rest of your week and if I don't get back before.
Happy Easter.
Love
♥Sue♥





3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have some talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You are inspiring me to really want to learn how to crochet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, you should give it a go so much fun even when it goes awry!!!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ramblings and comment on them! I love to read all your thoughts and messages, they really inspire me and encourage me to continue my crafting adventures!