Friday, 22 February 2013

Crochet completion!

Hello isn't it chilly this week, but so lovely to see the sun and have some decent light to take photographs in.
So anyway whilst all the bedroom decorating was taking place I was busy with a couple of projects.
A nice relaxing granny blanket in restful blues and greens.
This is a really late Birthday gift for my dad and just in time as he really feels the cold, he'll love snuggling under this while he watches the rugby!

I used Stylecraft yarn, I just adore the range of colours and the way it drapes is wonderful.


It's been a joy to create, a real stressbuster.


And my other project has been created by me from scratch.
Dyed the yarn, spun the yarn and then knitted it into this fabulous poncho using this gorgeous pattern from Churchmouse Yarns and Teas


Now the eagle eyed amongst you will notice that it is knitted.
I know two needles, blimey haven't done that for a few years


It was very simple, it would have to be I'm a real dunce when it comes to the two needle tango. 
Slow too, soooo slow, but I must admit I really enjoyed the change.
Of course I couldn't not do any crochet so I added a pretty pointy crochet border just to finish it off.


It's been a delightful and satisfying project from start to finish. I love the whole process from the dyeing and spinning to the knitting!
I love the way the colours change and merge, it's got blues greens browns a bit of purple, beautiful!
I can't wait to start another spinny project. I can't wait to do some more dyeing.
I can't wait to make something else!!!!!

I shall be wearing my poncho alot.



Have another look at it's gorgeousness


Feel how soft it is


How it drapes ( can't beat merino)


Yup it's stunning!


I'm off to swan around Sainsburys in it now, look out for me I'll be the one with the huge smile on my face wafting up and down the isles!
Have a good day
Love 
♥Sue♥


10 comments:

  1. Wowsers! Both projects look amazing....but I really, really love your top! It is completely beautiful....and I bet you got some envious looks when you were swanning around Sainsburys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sainsburys Sue?!! In that top, Waitrose surely?! ;) Love your Dad's granny stripe, and well what can I say about the poncho! It's g-o-r-geous, wish I had something so beautiful to wear out shopping :( Would love to be a fly on the wall at Sainsburys x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both items are lovely, great colours - especially in the poncho - I like the blending effect in you yarn. Where do you find the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both projects are beautiful, love the colors. And that poncho is absolutely gorgeous :)

    Lluisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because you're so sweet, I have something for you over at my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous projects you finished. Love that edging on the poncho. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab poncho - it must be a great deal of satisfaction to give birth to it from start to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have so enjoyed visiting your beautiful blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the visit to my blog and your lovely comment! You are pretty clever with the crochet hook and the knitting needles. Wonderful colours.
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ramblings and comment on them! I love to read all your thoughts and messages, they really inspire me and encourage me to continue my crafting adventures!