Monday, 11 February 2013

Bedroom Update

I know it's been ages since I last visited you.
I don't seem to be able to keep up with things at the moment, way to busy!
I've been struck down with yet another virus (pesky kids) and have been feeling really rather down. Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's the job, maybe it's just everything. Not sure.
Anyway work continues on our Dream bedroom and that I can report is looking fantastic!
However it is a little
s..l..o..w.
Am beginning to lose track of where exactly I keep my knickers now and don't ask where my trousers are I've no idea, also the iron............gone! 
I need to get back into my own bedroom very soon.
So far this is what we've achieved.
Remove fire P
Strip woodchip off the walls yuk! P
Dip the doorsP
Get a new carpet laidP
New radiatorP
ReplasterP
PaintP

I haven't any photos of the beautiful newly plastered room for you because frankly it's been too grey and dark to take any.



So this is what it all looked like just before the plasterer came.
NICE!


Would you like a sneaky preview of the decor?
This is the wallpaper for the feature wall behind our bed.
It's called Amelie and it's from Sandberg
Amelie (NW)

The walls are painted with
 Quiet Green

by Valspar which is available from BandQ.
There's a lovely cream carpet on the floor too.
The fly in the ointment is our gorgeous new bed which was supposed to arrive last Monday.
As I type we have no idea when it will turn up, it's nearly been delivered with an upgraded mattress but no, no luck, nothing. Just many, many phone calls and d'you know what is most annoying we've bought it from John Lewis. We expected everything to run smoothly!
Big mistake!
So we wait.
Hmmm that's not helping my mood obviously.
However, apart from that I can't wait to show you the finished result. Lovely man is adapting an old brass light fitting into a stunning shabby chic chandelier, it is amazing!

So hopefully next time I drop by I'll have a new comfy bed in a new gorgeous room, we'll see.
One thing I do know is decorating is never boring.
Have a good week folks.
Love 
♥Sue♥





7 comments:

  1. Nice to see an update from you Sue :) Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Hopefully that gorgeous new bedroom will give you the boost you need once it's all finished. Hmmm John Lewis eh? would've expected much better! Love the wallpaper choice, and can't wait for the big reveal!

    Sending my best
    Sharron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharron, I know John Lewis so unexpected to have problems. Bed now due to arrive on Thursday..........yeh Valentines Day!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love the wallpaper and combined with the beautiful green it is going to look gorgeous! Get a move on.....the suspense of the finished room is killing me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm going as fast as I can.......can't wait either!

      Delete
  3. I think Jan and Feb have been miserable making for us all - we need some sun and spring flowers! Your wallpaper is lovely and will be worth all the hassle - decorating disorder can get you down. Look forward to the finished results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think you're right Claire, I'm missing the sun, let's hope we see some very soon.....or I shall just stare at my new wallpaper that'll cheer me up!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the recipe for the tea cake. I love the wallpaper and the paint. Can't wait to see the room finished.
    judyk2310@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ramblings and comment on them! I love to read all your thoughts and messages, they really inspire me and encourage me to continue my crafting adventures!