Friday, 3 August 2012

Stolen!


You know I LOVE my bike.
I do love it so much.
Here it is looking very fine.



Well yesterday it was stolen!
We were at my mum and dad's house enjoying a pre holiday dinner when there was a knock on the door.
One of their neighbours saw a group of yuffs bolt crop the lock from my bike and ride off on it.
OMG how sad was I, my heart sank.
GONE
I got straight on the phone to the police.
Lovely Man got straight on his bike ( which they hadn't had time to steal) and headed off in hot pursuit.
The fiendish felon had headed into the back streets of Portsea, not a place to wander around even if you're a local.
fifteen minutes later he returned triumphant
MY HERO!

Chased the yob down he did........he's fast is Lovely Man.

Well maybe not That Fast!
Shouted at him and scared him half to death I think ( Lovely Man can look very menacing!)
until he gave up the chase and surrendered his booty.
Impressed the local bobby with his tenacious sleuthing too.
I can't tell you how happy I was to see my bike come back to me.
I love my bike.
No damage really, apparently felons aren't partial to crochet bunting or handlebar grips. They don't use panniers either cos all that is missing, annoying but replaceable.
I love my bike, d'you know that!
And now I can pack it into the car for it's holiday adventures in Suffolk.
Such relief.
Am off to but a new lock now even huger than the one that was on there.
Then it's holiday for me.
So I'll say goodbye for a couple of weeks.
I'll be back with many adventures to tell.
Lots of love
♥Sue♥ 




7 comments:

  1. Wow, I was really sad to read that, I am so hankering after a new bike. I know you love yours! Then what a fantastic ending that 'Lovely man' deserves a medal! You are really really lucky to have got your bike back! I love happy endings! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't worry Lucy lovely Man will be rewarded admirably! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exciting story! And what a hero :)
    Sue - yes, I want to make Chelsea buns as you suggested! So many different recipes though - which did you use?
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used a Delia Smith recipe, you can find her recipes online I think..........post a photo of your delicious results if you get the chance, they'll be snaffled up I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh! Nearly a ruined holiday by the sounds of it. Have a great time away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's terrible but I'm so glad you got your bike back.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ramblings and comment on them! I love to read all your thoughts and messages, they really inspire me and encourage me to continue my crafting adventures!