Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Holiday fun........part 5

Did you have a good Bank Holiday weekend? 
Last week of the holidays for me, I must admit the thought of going back to work does not fill me with unbridled joy! I do love being at home.
I like exploring new places too.
Southwold turned out to be one of our favourite places on our holiday.
Lovely little town with a lighthouse right in the middle of it, I mean in the back gardens!


Extraordinary


Southwold also boasts a rather gorgeous tea room
Tilly's tearoom we had delicious teacakes and coffee before we headed off for one of the most gorgeous beaches ever.

Now if I tell you about this beach you
MUST PROMISE
to keep it secret because too many people would spoil it!
LOOK!
How stunning is this and that sand was powder soft.


Looking back you can just make out Southwold pier and 
somewhere in that water was a seal.......... watching.


Covehithe is a secret gem on the Suffolk coast constantly changing thanks to erosion.



We came across many tree stumps on the beach.


And spent a wonderful few hours walking along the waterline picking up treasure.


The beach passes a nature reserve with it's lake just feet from the sea.
Teeming with birds and wildlife.


So peaceful


We walked until the sun was setting, letting the atmosphere soak into our souls.

I'd go back in a heart beat.


And that's how we felt alot of the time on this holiday.
Relaxed, peaceful, restored.
Suffolk we'll be back.
Love
♥Sue♥








3 comments:

  1. Hi Sue , just been catching up with your holiday photos....gorgeous.
    I've never been to Suffolk , except Lowestoft when the boys were babies. Would love to explore further.
    Your sunrise pictures are my favourite...they make that sculpture look amazing.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photographs, I am so glad you have had a fantastic break. I am not feeling the unbridled joy either! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jacquie, it was so worth the early start to see the sun on that sculpture!
    Lucy we've had the best time this summer......oh why does it have to end!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ramblings and comment on them! I love to read all your thoughts and messages, they really inspire me and encourage me to continue my crafting adventures!