Monday, 30 April 2012

Show and Tell Results Show!


Remember I was busy.
Oh my goodness what a blast, 
what a fantastic way to spend an evening. Friends and family brought all manner of goodies for our Show and Tell. Much more than we expected, people really entered into the spirit of things. Honestly if you want to have fun hold a Show and Tell evening!
We had eight categories.

Cider
Spirits
Chutney and Pickle
Jams and Jelly
Photos and Pictures
Baking
Yarncraft
and
Curios!

Early setup looked promising,
Lovely Man's delicious bread, my Mum's famous swiss roll and our jam and jelly!



Once folk started to arrive things very quickly began to fill up.



My brother came with a Curios entry of Parsnip soup!


The stakes were high, who wouldn't want a rosette!


Adam popped in to inspect the photos.



The lovely Jo really pushed the boat out and brought her spinning wheel.
We all had a go, It's soooo tricky.
That wheel went very, very fast and kept grabbing the yarn out of my hands.


Jo thought I may have more success on the chopstick and potato.
Ta Dah!
Yeh I made that, gorgeous isn't it....
.......................so even and smooth LOL!


Some were more adept than me.
Soon have enough for a scarf there Helen.



Very soon things hotted up and 
The Judging commenced. 



Serious business



judging



so much to consider



so much to taste



hmm sometimes we had to go back



and try it all again!


The people deliberated, pondered and examined 


My dad's photo entry featured many of us dancing in our group Chequered Flag, sneaky. As someone said "If I'm in the picture it's got my vote!!!!"



My photos were scrutinised
(not on their sides, Blogger won't let me turn this photo, why?)


Garys featured some exotic animals.


The photos were all great,
and varied

There was food too(as if we needed it!)
Including for all your seventies children 
Evaporated milk jelly
AKA
Fluffy Cloud
Ah the memories!


Very popular it was too!


Winners were chosen and presented with their prizes!


The final winning line up.
Guess what Lovely Man won the photo section (lovely picture of a breakwater)
Me and my brother didn't get a look in, serves us right for being competitive LOL.
Mum won the Jam and jelly, stupendous marmalade!
I won the yarncraft with my mermaid!



What an evening, what fun, we're already planning next years event, with a new category of Origami!
Hope you had a fabulous weekend.
Love
♥Sue♥







3 comments:

  1. Hi Sue! It's me again!
    You all looked to have had a MARVELOUS time! How creative and, I mean this to be a HUGE COMPLEMENT ....
    old fashioned. Just like folks did years ago, getting together to share interests, time and fun ..... with good food and a genuine competitiveness thrown in.
    Very Inspiring and good to read :0)
    Here's to next year!
    Val xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks blummin fantastic, what great fun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great laugh and something you'll talk about for years to come

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ramblings and comment on them! I love to read all your thoughts and messages, they really inspire me and encourage me to continue my crafting adventures!