Monday, 12 December 2011

I'm back!

And yes, 
I did need my waterproofs!
So where did we end up, 
well it was very exciting travelling without knowing your destination.
We ended up here in the lovely village of 
Chideock
in 
Dorset!
A place of little thatched cottages.
So pretty.
Let me tell you it was a perfect birthday surprise.
Would you like to see what we got up to.

Saturday morning the view from our bedroom,
 a glimpse of sunshine. 
Quick boots on lets get going.


Quick stroll downhill to Seatown


Fabulous clouds


Lets hike to the top of Golden cap, off we go, bit muddy!


Lovely scenery


We made a new friend, he's so cute, I love his curly coat.


It's very, very high.
This is looking east.


And west


That's us!


Right then down the other side, 
come on Sue keep up.


Tony showing me the way!?!


Loads of toadstools


We think these are called Scarlet Hood


And these might be Verdigris toadstool 


So onward and downward, very gingerly in places let me tell you, 
some of those landslides are very recent, the path was VERY close to the edge!


Down to Charmouth, not a dinosaur in sight, no fish and chips either!
cafe closed in the winter.
Note to self ,take sarnies!
Quick change of plan then.
Bus ride back to Chideock then on to Lyme Regis by car.
 Lovely little town some fantastic buildings




Interesting aren't they and all three of these were on the promenade!


Very dramatic sunset, 
a glimpse of things to come!

Sunday
brought us 
WIND


And 
RAIN


And 
BEACHCOMBING


Treasure finding
 (I'll share that later)


Fossils


And 
FUN
We remembered to take our sarnies


Fabulous weekend
Thank you my lovely man.
♥Sue♥

1 comment:

  1. oh, my wandering spirit aches! looks like a lovely trip...and welcome home!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my ramblings and comment on them! I love to read all your thoughts and messages, they really inspire me and encourage me to continue my crafting adventures!